Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Nesting!

I'm a Mom. As a mom, I've made my four children several blankets, and I am sure I will make them tons more.  My mom made me a gorgeous quilt a few years ago.  That's what mom's do.  They comfort you, coddle you, throw an extra blanket on you in the middle of the night. It's their job!

My tip for this week is how to help other Moms comfort their babies {sort of}

Gather: yarn fragments, scissors, a mesh bag with big holes (I used the mesh bag my onions came in) and a yarn needle.


Cut yarn in foot or so sections.

Fill up your bag with the yarn fragments and sew it closed.


Hang it in the tree!
Why?  it's Springtime.  Birds are building nests.  They are searching for things to make their nest out of and who wouldn't like a few strands of warm, soft, cuddly, yarn woven into their nest?  Recycling to help others, love it!

post signature
Linking up at...
Tip Junkie handmade projectsSunbeam Stamps

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...