Sunday, May 1, 2011

My greatest Blessings call me MOM

For Sunbeam Sunday, I stamped tiles.  There are several different ways to do this. First you gotta buy some tiles!  :)  I got mine at Lowes for like $THREE dollars!  I wanted the 2"x2" tiles so you have to buy them in a 12"x12" tile block.  Sweet, extra tiles to make more!


Cut them apart.  You will need a stamp that fits nicely inside a 2"x2" square.  I used MY GREATEST BLESSINGS CALL ME MOM from Sunbeam Stamps.  I stamped with WATERMARK ink (which stamps clear but stays wet for awhile so you have time to sprinkle embossing powder on it)  I also rubbed ink on the edges.  Sprinkled with baby blue embossing powder.  You could either just use a heat gun for a few minutes on it, {until the powder gets hard} or put on a cookie sheet and bake.  250 degrees for 10 minutes.  I baked them because I've done the heat gun method a thousand times and wanted to try the oven method.  It worked really well but just don't touch right when they come out or you will burn your fingers like I did!!  haha.


Adhere a big juicy magnet on the back (because the tile is sort of heavy and you want it to actually stay on the fridge).  I use these thick rounds ones that come with a peel and stick adhesive side. 




A great little addition to your Mother's Day gift.  Add a cute photo that she can hang on the fridge. 


OTHER METHODS....
 

This tile I simply used regular ink (SAGE SHADOW by SU) and baked it in the oven (250) for 10 minutes.  Because it is ink made for paper and not slick surfaces, you get that spongy look.  It is dry though. LOVE AT HOME stamp from Sunbeam Stamps.


This tile I stamped with Staz On ink (RED).  This ink is specifically made for slick surfaces and works great!  I also inked the edges.  I did bake this one with the others but you don't really need to.  LOVE ONE ANOTHER stamp


This is the same method as the Blessings tile above.  I just used silver embossing powder for a more regal feel.
BE LOYAL TO THE ROYAL WITHIN stamp.



post signature

Linking up at...
Sunbeam Stamps

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...